Do I need to have a valid triathlon license?
No, you don´t. By registering for the race, you are confirming that you are medically examined, capable of competing in the registered race and are responsible for your own health. We strongly advise that you do not start the race if you are not felling well on the race day, suffering from any medical issue that can affect your race performance, or did not have enough training volume needed to safely finish the race.
What is your COVID-19 policy?
Since we are connected to the Falkensteiner Punta Skala resort, we are able to apply the highest Covid-19 prevention standards on and around the race.
In order to provide the safest experience for our athletes, we are instituting the following at our race:
- Rolling Race Start will be implemented, five athletes every 5 seconds.
- There will be distance of minimum 1,5m between athletes during start preparation procedure.
- In Transition area, during check in and check out procedure, all athletes will need to have protective mask.
- Prior entering Transition area, every athlete`s body temperature will be measured.
- No-contact behavior will be encouraged for the duration of the event.
- Athlete briefing information will be available digitally only.
- We will reinforce Social Distancing in all elements of the event.
- The hours of on-site event registration will be expanded.
- Athlete density will be decreased by increasing individual race space.
- Staff and volunteers who are interacting with participants pre-race, on race day and post-race will be provided gloves and masks.
- There will be hand-washing stations and sanitation stations around the venue for athletes, volunteers and spectators.
- Body temperature of all athletes will be checked during registration procedure at Friday and check-in procedure at Saturday morning. All athletes with body temperature higher than normal will not be allowed to join the race.
- Frequently touched surfaces at race venue locations such as workstations, product distribution areas, tables and electronic devices will be cleaned regularly.
- All on-course food and fluid supplies will be for single use.
- There will be no contact policy on the race podium.
- There will be no printed document distribution.
- Education and awareness training regarding signs and symptoms of COVID-19 will be provided to all medical and volunteer staff.
- Frequent communication with health authorities and healthcare facilities will be implemented to assist in assessment, referral and initial management of suspected COVID-19 illness of staff, participants, volunteers, and spectators.
- As further updates are available, they will be posted here and on our facebook page.
Do you offer race cancellation insurance?
Yes, and we highly recommend it! Choose cancellation insurance during race registration process, It costs only € 25
If Zadarhalf race is cancelled due to Covid-19 or if you withdraw your registration until September 15th 2022 due to any reason, we will refund the 100% of the starting fee, which you paid (the €25 of the cancellation insurance fee will not be refunded).
If there is no race cancellation and you start at the race 2022, the €25 of cancellation insurance fee will be moved to 2023 edition as your entry fee deposit.
The cancellation insurance can be bought only during registration procedure.
What are the rules for penalty enforcement?
The rules comply with ITU competition rules.
What is the withdraw/refund/name change policy?
By August 15th:
- You can move your registration for next year free of charge.
By September 1st:
- If you cancel your registration, you will have refund of 50% of your entry fee minus bank fees.
By September 15th:
- You can pass slot to someone, with cost of 10€.
- Changing one relay member is free of charge if relay categorie remains the same. If relay categorie is changing, cost of procedure is 10€.
After September 15th no changes will be possible, if you can not attend the race please send your home address to us, and we will send your start package.
In case of withdraw/refund/name change, please send email to – firstname.lastname@example.org
Where does the swimming start?
Race/swim will start from the beach near Diadora hotel.
What is the weather typically like on race day?
Middle of October, average air temperature is 20°C, while sea temperature is 21°C. Usually there is no wind if the weather is sunny and dry.
Are disc wheels, TT helmets and long clip-on bars allowed?
Yes, they are allowed for middle distance race.